Internet Privacy Statement
This Internet Privacy Statement applies to this Website which is operated by The FleetPartners Group ("FleetPartners") under the domain names "www.carloans.com.au", "www.carloans.co.nz" & "www.fleetchoice.com.au" ("FleetPartners Web Site").
This Security and Privacy Statement may also apply to services offered by FleetPartners on web sites hosted by third parties. If so, express references to this Security and Privacy Statement will be made on those web sites.
FleetPartners understand and appreciates that you, as a FleetPartners website visitor, are concerned about your privacy and about the confidentiality and security of information we may gain about you online. FleetPartners is committed to protecting your privacy. This FleetPartners Security and Privacy Statement explains how your personal information will be treated as you access and interact with the FleetPartners website.
As the FleetPartners website develops and as technology evolves, FleetPartners will continue to strive to provide you with better and more customised services and with a more effective website. FleetPartners encourages you to review the FleetPartners Security and Privacy Statement periodically because the Security and Privacy Statement may change from time to time.
In addition to the provisions of this Security and Privacy Statement, there may also be specific and additional privacy provisions which apply to certain sections of the FleetPartners website. Because those specific and additional provisions also relate to your privacy protection, you should review them wherever they are accessible by you on the FleetPartners website. In the event of any inconsistency between the provisions of this Security and Privacy Statement and those other specific and additional provisions, the specific and additional provisions will prevail.
Security of information
FleetPartners regularly reviews developments in security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although FleetPartners strives to protect such information, FleetPartners cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we take reasonable steps to preserve the security of the information in our own systems.
We use "cookies" as a fundamental part of our interaction with your Internet browser. The purpose is to provide you with better and more customised service and with a more effective Web Site.
A "cookie" is a small text file placed on your computer by our web page server. A cookie can later be retrieved by our WebPages servers. Cookies are frequently used on Web Sites and you can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your browser.
- to allocate a FleetPartners identification number to your Internet browser (but we cannot identify you from this number);
- to determine if you have previously visited the FleetPartners Web Site;
- to identify pages you have accessed and Third Party Web Sites you have accessed; and
- for security purposes.
Most of the FleetPartners Web Site operates by using this type of cookie. Accordingly, if you wish to make full use of the FleetPartners Web Site, it is required that you accept cookies.
How We Handle Email
We will preserve the content of any e-mail that you send us if we believe that we have a legal requirement to do so. Your e-mail message content may be monitored by our FleetPartners employees for security issues including where e-mail abuse is suspected; our response to you may be monitored for quality assurance issues.
Acceptance and Changes to Internet Privacy Statement
This is the current Security and Privacy Statement. It replaces any other Security and Privacy Statement for the FleetPartners Web Site published on the FleetPartners Web Site to date. FleetPartners may at any time vary the Security and Privacy Statement by publishing the varied Security and Privacy Statement on the FleetPartners Web Site. You accept that by doing this, FleetPartners has provided you with sufficient notice of the variation.
This Internet Privacy Statement applies to this Web Site which is operated by The Fleet Partners Group ("FleetPartners") under the domain names "www.carloans.com.au", "www.carloans.co.nz" & "www.fleetchoice.com.au" ("FleetPartners Web Site").
A Credit Guide sets out important information about the services that we provide as a licensed credit assistance provider, any fees and commission payable to us, our responsible lending obligations and our internal and external dispute resolution procedures and how you can access them.
We are required to provide this Credit Guide to you as soon as practicable after it becomes apparent that we are likely to provide credit assistance to you.
What is credit assistance?
We provide credit assistance when we:
- suggest or assist you to apply for a particular credit contract with a particular credit provider; or
- suggest or assist you to apply for an increase to the credit limit of a particular credit contract with a particular credit provider; or
- suggest you remain in a particular credit contract with a particular credit provider.
Our relationship with Fleet Partners and other credit providers
The Lender for the CarLoans loan is our related company, Fleet Partners Pty Ltd (ABN 63 006 706 832 Australian Credit Licence 340286) (Fleet Partners). When you apply for a CarLoans Pre-Approval, we act on behalf of Fleet Partners to assess and process your application. If you have asked for a quote in relation to a loan from other lenders, we act on your behalf to get a credit report, but we will refer your application first to Fleet Partners, if you meet the Fleet Partners credit application criteria.
We also assist Fleet Partners to administer their loans.
If your application to Fleet Partners is not successful or you do not wish to proceed with Fleet Partners, we may refer your application to one of our other credit providers, being ANZ, Capital Finance, CarLoans, Finance1, Liberty, Macquarie, Money 3, Pepper, RACV , St George.
How will I pay for the credit assistance provided?
We will charge you a fee of $990.00 (including GST) if, as a result of us providing credit assistance to you, you enter into a credit contract with a credit provider. We may, at our discretion, reduce this fee.
This fee will be payable at the time the funds are released by the credit provider. No fee is charged if you do not accept the credit proposal we present to you prior to your acceptance of the credit we have obtained.
You can obtain information about how we calculate this fee by requesting it from us.
We will provide you with a credit quote containing details of our fees and any payments made to us by credit providers before we provide you with credit assistance.
What information is required in order for us to provide credit assistance?
Before we provide you with credit assistance, we are required to ask you for certain information and complete a preliminary assessment. We are required to consider:
- your requirements and objectives for seeking a credit product;
- your financial situation; and
- your repayment capacity.
We may also request documentation in order to verify the information we use in the preliminary assessment, such as pay slips, letter of employment and bank statements.
What is the purpose of a preliminary assessment?
By law, we must not provide you with credit assistance if the credit contract is unsuitable for you. If unsuitable, we cannot:
- suggest you apply or assist you to apply for a particular credit contract with a particular credit provider; or
- suggest you apply or assist you to apply for an increase to the credit limit of a particular credit contract with a particular credit provider, or
- suggest that you remain in your particular credit contract with your particular credit provider.
When is a credit contract unsuitable?
A credit contract will be unsuitable if:
- it is likely that you will be unable to comply with the financial obligations under the credit contract; or
- it is likely that you could only comply with the financial obligations with substantial hardship (such as having to sell your principal place of residence); or
- it is likely that the credit contract will not meet your stated requirements or objectives.
We are required to assess that the credit products you select are not unsuitable for your needs. Because of this, it is important that you openly and honestly discuss with us your requirements, objectives, preferences, financial situation and repayment capacity.
Can I obtain a copy of the preliminary assessment?
We maintain a record of your personal profile including details gathered as part of our preliminary assessment. You are entitled to request a copy of our preliminary assessment, and we must give you a copy if you request one within 7 years after it was conducted. There is no charge for requesting or receiving a copy of the preliminary assessment. If you request a copy of the preliminary assessment:
- at any time during the first 2 years after it was conducted - we must provide it within 7 business days; or
- between 2 years and 7 years after it was conducted - we must provide it within 21 business days.
Are commissions, fees or other benefits paid to CarLoans.com.au by the credit provider?
When we provide you with credit assistance, we (or our directors, employees and authorised credit representatives) receive commissions from the credit providers involved. We may receive an upfront commission when we provide credit assistance to you. We can provide, on request, a reasonable estimate of the commission likely to be received and how it is calculated. We have volume bonus arrangements with the following credit providers, under which CarLoans.com.au may receive additional commission depending on the total volume of business we place with the credit providers:
FleetPartners, ANZ, Capital Finance, CarLoans, Finance1, Liberty, Macquarie, Money 3, Pepper, RACV , St George.
Are commissions paid by CarLoans.com.au to other parties?
We may pay a referral fee to people or organisations that refer clients to us who receive credit assistance from us, for example third party brokers or car dealerships. All amounts paid to the referrer are from our share of the commission and benefits received from the credit provider. You won't pay any additional amount if we pay a referral fee. A referral fee is only paid to the referrer by CarLoans.com.au on settlement of a loan. We can provide, on request, a reasonable estimate of the referral fee and how it is calculated.
What should I do if I have a complaint about the CarLoans.com.au?
If you have a complaint or concern about the service provided to you by us, please contact our Complaints Resolution Manager using the details below. As part of our Internal Dispute Resolution policy they will investigate the matter and endeavour to address it as quickly as possible.
Complaints Resolution Manager for CarLoans.com.au
PO Box 141, St Leonards NSW 2065
Ph 1300 88 96 69 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to completely resolve any issues you raise. If, despite our best efforts, you believe your complaint has not been satisfactorily dealt with you can refer your complaint to our external dispute resolution scheme, which can be contacted as follows:
Credit and Investments Ombudsman Ltd
PO Box A252
South Sydney NSW 1235
Ph: 1800 138 422
Fax: (02) 9273 8440
A copy of CIO's dispute resolution policy is available at http://www.cio.org.au/ or by request to CarLoans.com.au Pty Ltd.
Terms & Conditions and General Statement
- Carloans.com.au Pty Ltd ABN 88 161 036 228 ('CCA', 'we', 'us', or 'our') operates and maintains this website and provides the service described in clause 2 ('the Service').
- These terms and conditions ('Terms') apply to your access and use of this website and the Service. By accessing and using this website or the Service, you agree to these Terms.
- We may change these Terms at any time by publishing the changed Terms on this website. Changes will not operate retrospectively.
- Our Australian Credit Licence number is 433137, and we are a credit assistance provider. We source credit products from a selected number of banks, lenders and other credit providers. We provide general advice on credit products and are not a credit provider.
- The law of Australia governs these Terms. We do not warrant that this website or its content complies with the laws of any country other than Australia. If you access this website from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk.
- Description of Service
- The Service enables:
- Users to compare CCA's preferred credit provider against a selection of credit providers offering motor vehicle finance;
- Users to get a preliminary indication as to whether CCA's credit provider is likely to approve a user were they proceed to seek finance; and
- Provide credit assistance for users that wish to make an application for finance with a credit provider through CCA as set out in the CCA Credit Guide for a full description of this service
- We do not offer goods and services except to the limited extent set out in clause 2.1. This website and the Service only facilitates the comparison of a limited number of motor vehicle finance products from a selection of lenders, and the introduction of users to a credit provider. We are not a party to transactions between the parties and any contract arising between them.
- We make no promise as to the quality, suitability or fitness for purpose of goods and services that our users may identify on our website. Reliance on any of these matters is at your own risk and you should make your own enquiries, except where we introduce a user to a credit provider and provide credit assistance. In which case we will complete a suitability assessment and make reasonable enquiries and collect verification relating to the user's financial situation, requirements and objectives.
- The Service enables:
- Comparisons on our website are made on a limited number of products available in the market place and do not represent all lenders.
- We do not have the sponsorship, approval or affiliation with any of the other lenders referred to in any comparison made on this website unless we expressly say so. All comparisons are based on advertised rates and information available on the compared lenders websites at a particular point in time.
- Subsequent changes to rates and conditions may render comparisons inaccurate. You should check each respective lenders' website to ensure that rates and terms represented in any comparison are valid and current.
- Savings claims made on the website are based on the average loan being $30,000 with a 5 year term based on published comparison rates of selected credit providers, variations to these assumptions may impact the comparison and change the outcome.
- We do not charge our users for using our comparison service.
- We are paid a commission from credit providers who enter into an arrangement with a user.
- Prohibited use
- In using this website or the Service, you must not:
- contravene any applicable law or regulation;
- interfere with or disrupt this website or the Service in any way, including through the use of viruses, Trojans or harmful code.
- mislead or deceive others, whether by act or omission, including by making false or inaccurate representations about your identity, credit history or financial position, or any other matter that may misleading a credit provider;
- stalk, harass, abuse, threaten, intimidate, defame or vilify any person;
- share, distribute, store or transmit offensive, obscene, racist, pornographic or illegal material;
- otherwise violate or infringe the legal rights of any person; or
- encourage, assist or procure another person to do any of the foregoing.
- Unless otherwise indicated, copyright in this website and its contents belongs to us.
- You may:
- publish a link to this website;
- make a temporary copy of part or all of this website on your computer for the sole purpose of viewing it; and
- print a hardcopy of a whole page of this website as long as no part of the page (including any copyright notice) is edited, modified or deleted in any way.
- Unless permitted by law, you must not, without our prior written consent:
- otherwise reproduce, adapt, store in a retrieval system, transmit, print, display, perform, publish, broadcast or create derivative works from any part of this website or its contents; or
- cause any part of this website or its contents to be framed or included in another website.
- Trade marks
- CarLoans.com.au, and the logo are trademarks of CCA. Other trade marks on this website are the property of their respective owners unless stated otherwise.
- You must not use any trade mark on this website without the prior written consent of the relevant owner.
- This website may link to websites at other addresses. Unless stated otherwise:
- we do not control, approve, endorse or sponsor any such websites or their content; and
- we do not provide any warranty or take any responsibility for any aspect of those websites or their content.
- You acknowledge that:
- The information contained on our website is general advice only and before acting on the advice please consider the appropriateness of the advice in regards to your objectives, financial situation and needs.
- Our sales consultants do not offer any financial advice and you must do your own research before deciding to apply for a loan. If you have any doubt about the loan you are applying for then you should seek the help of a financial counsellor or obtain independent legal advice or do both.
- Our online approval (You're Approved*) provides an indicative approval only. This is not an offer of credit and only intended as an indication of what you may be able to borrow based on the information you have supplied. Credit checks and variations to information may affect the outcome. All loan applications are subject to our lenders normal credit approval criteria and process.
- Any result shown is based on the information you provided being true, correct and accurate at the time of using our website. Rates quoted on our website are based on the information you have provided and variations to the supplied information will result in different interest rates being quoted.
- We are required to make reasonable enquiries relating to your financial situation, requirements and objectives, and to take reasonable steps to verify your financial information. We will make a verification call with each customer to validate the information provided before we complete our assessment and send your application to a lender for formal approval.
- Once a lender approves finance it is subject to their standard terms, which includes a withdrawal of finance approval. Should you choose to order and place a deposit on a vehicle you do so at your own risk. In general our lenders will not fund the loan if you: a) are unable to meet the settlement conditions for the approval of the loan b) The loan is not settled within a 21 day period from approval c) The lender believes there has been a change in you financial position since you applied for the loan d) you have not produced valid current insurance cover for the secured property e) If the lender is unable to obtain a valid and clear credit report before funding the loan.
- Savings illustrated in comparisons and interest rates shown are based on fixed term, secured fixed interest rate contracts. Any early termination or payout may result in different savings.
- You acknowledge that:
- Your access and use of this website and the Service is at your own risk. While information submission is processed securely, the internet is generally not secure and material passing over it may be intercepted, altered or corrupted in storage or transit.
- We do not promise that this website or the Service:
- is free from errors;
- will operate without interruption; or
- is free from anything which may damage your computer or data.
- You should always ensure you have up-to-date antivirus and firewall security in place when using the internet.
- We do not promise that the contents of this website are complete, accurate, reliable or up to date. We reserve the right to correct errors and make changes to this website or its contents at any time.
- We may at any time, in our sole discretion and without notice to you, restrict, suspend or limit access to and use of this website or the Service.
- Limitation of liability
- The Australian Consumer Law sets out certain consumer rights and remedies that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. These Terms are subject to the ACL and do exclude, restrict or modify them where it would be unlawful to do so.
- Subject to clause 12.1 and to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- the Service is provided on an 'as is' basis and we exclude all implied conditions, warranties, guarantees and representations of any kind;
- where any law implies a condition, warranty or guarantee into these Terms which cannot be excluded, our liability for breach of such a condition, warranty or guarantee will be limited to:
- the resupply of the Service; or
- the payment of the cost of resupply of the Service; and
- we exclude and you release us from all liability to you for loss or damage of any kind (however caused or arising, including by negligence) arising from or in any way connected with this website, its contents, the Service or your use of them.
- Use of website
- If you breach these terms then we may restrict you from using our website.
- You must indemnify us and our officers, employees and agents, against all claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses (including legal expenses on a full indemnity basis), penalties and liabilities that we or any of them may incur as a direct or indirect consequence of your breach of these Terms or unlawful or negligent act or omission.
- In addition, we may log details about any computer used to access this website, including IP address, host, location, browser type, the date and time of access and details of webpages accessed and information downloaded. This information is used for our own statistical purposes and to improve this website.
- Nothing in these Terms constitutes a relationship of employer and employee, principal and agent or partnership between any of the parties.
- Publication of email addresses on this website must not be taken as consent to receive commercial electronic messages.
- If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us by any of the following means during business hours between Monday to Friday: Phone 1300 889 669 | Address: Level 6, 601 Pacific Highway, St Leonards NSW 2065